The Baby Lock Coverstitch is a coverstitch/chain stitch machine that enables sewers to achieve a commercial finish on all dressmaking and home decor projects. The BLCS effortlessly creates triple, wide and narrow coverstitch as well as chain stitch. It offers a professional finish on hems, belt loops, bindings and much more.
The BLCS offers exclusive Baby Lock features like instant Jet Air Threading, tubular looper system, full featured differential feed and the ability chain off for ease of use. The chain off feature can also be used with decorative threads to create beautiful braids.
These features are just some of the many patented features exclusive to Baby Lock. The BLCS Coverstitch is the perfect partner to any overlocker or sewing machine.
- Jet Air Threading – looper thread in a breeze
- Colour-coded tension system with auto tension release
- The ability to continually chain off for coverstitch
- Tension adjustments on each thread
- Coverstitch using three needles (triple coverstitch)
- Coverstitch using two needles wide (6mm)
- Coverstitch using two needles narrow (3mm)
- Chain stitch using left, centre or right needle position
- Tubular looper prevents thread tangling
- Vertical needle system – minimizing needle deflection
- Full range differential feed – ranging from 0.6 to 2
- Adjustable stitch length 1mm – 4mm
- Snap-on multi purpose foot
- Built in thread cutter
- Built in accessory storage
- Optional range of accessory feet available, piping, gathering, lace, elasticating, etc.
- Optional range of accessories to attach bias binding, form belt loops, hemming, etc.
- Safety switch connected to front door
- 1300 stitches per minute
- Needle system ELx705CF #12/80 #14/90
- 5 year conditional warranty, parts and labour
- Machine weight 7.3kg
- Made in Japan